Some of the limitations with Indexed views are:
- The UNION operation is not allowed in an indexed view.
- We cannot create an Index on a nested view scenario which means we cannot create index on a view built from another view.
- SELF JOINs are not allowed in indexed view.
- OUTER JOINS are not allowed in an indexed view.
- Cross database queries are not allowed in indexed views.
- The view must be created using the WITH SCHEMABINDING option.
- ANSI_NULLS needs to be set for all existing tables that will be referenced in the view.
- Indexed views cannot contain text, ntext, image, filestream, or xml columns.
Thanks for reading this article,
Next steps :
- Share this with your colleagues because Sharing is Learning
- Comment below if you need any assistance
Powered by CodeReview – Let’s make it Better!